Sunday

Wife...Interrupted

My friend Jeannie and are are eerily alike. We are the same age and we both have three children of about the same ages. We both got married in our very early twenties. She is a writer/editor and so am I. I have edited her when I was a producer with Oxygen Media and before that she gave me some truly budget-saving assignments when she was the editor of Minnesota Parent magazine. We both consider ourselves essayists, first and foremost. We even sold a book proposal together (which was later killed by the publishing house) She's a better writer and a lot skinnier than I am though ;-)

Anyway, in the past two years, our lives have taken some interestingly divergent twists and turns. Jeannie is now an editor with the new Minneapolis magazine, The Rake, and you can read what she has been up to in her latest fabulous essay.